Parent Teacher Club
December 12, 2012 @ 6:30pm
Attendance (7): Jenica T., Tiffany V., Tammy F., Dace D., B. Polega, Kris D., Lisa L.
1. /2. Welcome, Introductions, and Norms: Kris D.
· Begin meeting on time.
· Turn off cell phones.
· Be respectful.
· One person speaks at a time.
· Stay on topic.
· Stick to the agenda.
· Motions will be made and seconded.
· Majority vote passes motion.
3. Mission Statement: Kris D.
The Parent Teacher Club’s agenda is to lend support, both moral and financial, to cooperate with teachers, the administration and community to promote positive attitudes towards learning and education.
4. Secretary Minutes: Jenica T.
Motion to accept minutes as presented: 1st Dace and 2nd Tammy. Motion passed
5. Treasury Report: Dace D.
Motion to accept budget as presented: 1st Jenica and 2nd Tammy. Motion passed
6. Principal Report: Ms. Polega
a) “I love my school, Anti Bullying” assembly was held. All students attended and
followed up with what they learned.
b) 95% turn out at conferences.
c) The food and clothing drive, put on by the student reps, is complete and items
will be donated this week.
d) Santa will be visiting the early childhood, kindergarten and 1st grades students
on Dec. 20th.
e) On Dec. 21st there will be a school wide sing-a-long, parents are invited to attend.
f) Teachers are working with Ms. Lee to compose a school song.
7. Parent Advisory Committee: Kelli W. (Ms. Polega, Jenica, Dace, Tammy)
Presentation was given on the various bills under consideration right now and
their effects on public education. Specifically, House Bill’s 6004, 5923 and Senate
Bill’s 1358, 620, 770, 771, 772. Strong encouragement was given to contact our
legislatures by December 12th.
8. Old Business
Restaurant Night Lisa L., Louise L., Ann U.
· Chuck E Cheese (Wed, 1.16.13) – Stickers will go home on students to
redeem 10 free tokens and remind parents. Lobbestael staff eats for free.
Mouse to visit the school.
· Bath City Bistro (Feb. & May)
· Plan to fill other months with McDonald’s or Stevi B’s.
· Received check from Engine House, approx. $150.00
Holiday Bazaar (Follow-Up) April B. & Heather M.
· 27 vendor tables
· Additional “mens/dads/brother/grandpa” items are needed at the donation table.
· Thank you to all who donated many of the food items!
· Next year considerations; event held in the evening, do away with providing food,
to be listed on the September agenda.
Bake Sale (Follow-Up) Ann U. & Heather M.
· $614.50 profit. Event went great! Thanks for donations.
Book Fair (Follow-Up) Kristen W. & Erin P.
· $1029.78 + additional scholastic dollars profit.
Script Program (Wednesday – 11.28.12 & Thursday 11.29.12) Ann U. & Dace D.
· $396.25 profit.
· This fundraiser needs to be planned around schools check run.
· Will do another run in Spring, April for a May delivery of gift cards.
Box Tops & Campbell Labels – Tammy F.
· On December 15th a check will be coming in for $641.00.
Ice Skate Event (Sat. 1.12.13 @ 3:30-5pm) Jennifer H.
· Payment will be taken at door in exchange for entrance sticker.
· RSVP flyer will sent home on Dec 17th. (This will help with head count.)
· A raffle will be held to win prizes such as; ‘learn to skate’ and ‘family fun packs’
· A figure demonstration will be performed.
10. New Business
11. Budget Requests
· 3rd Kindergarten class did not receive journals at the start of the school year.
(other two classes did, this was simply an oversight)
· The cost is $72.02.
· A motion was made to accept the request and provide the funds to cover
the additional journals (as mentioned above) 1st by Jenica, 2nd by Tammy.
Motion was passed unanimously.
Family Swim Night – Tiffany V.
· Family Swim night to be held on Friday, March 8th, 2013 from 6:30-8:30pm
at the Lanse Creuse Central pool.
· A head count is required 1 week in advance to determine the number of life
guards needed. (# of life guards determines the cost of the event)
· Tiffany will chair this event.
· A motion was made to accept the request and provide up to $300.00 to cover
the costs of this event (as mentioned above) 1st by Jenica, 2nd by Tammy.
Motion was passed unanimously.
12. Open Topic Forum
No topics were brought to the table.
13. Agenda Items
Old Business/Follow-Up: Restaurant Night, Box Tops, Ice Skate Night
New Business: Kindergarten Round Up, Spring Conferences Suggestion Box,
Book Sale, Bake Sale, Basket Raffle
14. Adjournment – 7:49pm
PTC Meeting (1.9.13), 6:30pm in the media room