Lobbestael Elementary: March 13, 2013 @ 6:30pm
Parent Teacher Club: Meeting Minutes
Attendance (9): Jenica T, Dace D., B. Polega, Kris D., Susan S., Tammy F., Jennifer H., Tiffany V., Ann U., Kristen W.
· Begin meeting on time.
· Turn off cell phones.
· Be respectful.
· One person speaks at a time.
· Stay on topic.
· Discussions shall be limited
· Motions will be made and seconded.
· Majority vote passes motion.
The Parent Teacher Club’s agenda is to lend support, both moral and financial, to cooperate with teachers, the administration and community to promote positive attitudes towards learning and education.
Motion to accept minutes as presented w/ the correction to the spelling of Tubman: 1st Dace and 2nd Ann. Motion passed unanimously.
Motion to accept budget as presented: 1st Jennifer and 2nd Tammy. Motion passed unanimously.
a) Camp Reading Night was a success. 250+ people attended and feedback was positive.
b) February 25th - Lobbestael will be hosting a visiting author.
c) March 21th – conferences, reservation cards will sent home today/tomorrow.
d) April 16th - Lobbestael will be having a family math night
e) May 2nd - Lobbestael will be having a family writing night.
f) A ‘school messenger’ system will now be used by the district to contact families regarding info. Notifications will be via text, email or call (up to recipient). It will officially kick off fall of 2013.
g) The class of 2026 kindergarten round up was held.
h) The middle school band visited the school yesterday to encourage students to join.
i) Middle school orientation to take place for the 5th graders soon.
j) Science Olympiad district competition is this Saturday.
k) Grade level meeting are taking place w/ the staff at the end of this month
l) The new school song will be presented to students tomorrow morning at an assembly.
m) 5th grade field trip was a success.
No report, group did not meet.
Restaurant Night Lisa L., Louise L., Ann U.
· Bath City Bistro (follow up) – earned approximately $45
· McDonald’s (follow up) – there was a good turnout.
· Stevie B’s (Thurs., 4.11.13 from 3-9pm)
· McDonald’s (Tues, 5.7.13 from 4-7pm)
Box Tops & Campbell Labels – Tammy F.
· Box Tops: The Valentine’s Day contest raised $627.00. The winning classroom was Mrs. Lenk. They will receive a pizza party lunch on 3.25.13. The contest put us at $1,800.00 raised this year (our goal was $2,000.00)
· Labels: 12,830 points submitted this year.
Swim night – (Follow-up)
· Attended by 174 people
· Our invoice will be for $200.00
Spring Conference Idea Box (Thurs, 3.21.13) Dace D.
· Two suggestion boxes have been made, coordinate posters will also be created.
Bake Sale (Thurs, 3.21.13) Ann U.
· Flyer went out.
· Bake good suggestions: cookies, brownies, covered pretzels, cake pops (everything sells!)
Book Fair (Thurs, 3.21.13) Kristen W.
· Set up will take place on Tuesday, the 19th after school and is all set with volunteers
· Break down will be on Friday, the 22nd.
Basket Raffle (Thurs, 3.21.13) Jenica T. & Amy L.
· Basket Themes per grade level: Kindergarten – Eat Here, 1st Gd – Health & Wellness, 2nd Gd – Car Care, 3rd Gd – Game Night, 4th Gd – Shop ‘Til You Drop, 5th Gd – Lego
· Raffle Licenses was requested by Dace.
· Donated items will be returned on Monday.
· Plan to assemble baskets on Monday w/ Amy L.
Roller Skating Party (Fri., 4.26.13) – Lisa L. & Dace D.
· Flyer is being prepared to go home after Spring Break.
PALS Week (Mon. – Fri. 5.6.13-5.10.13) – Jenica T. & Lisa L.
· No report
Ice Cream Social – Kristen W.
· Motion made not to proceed w/ this event this school year due to full spring schedule.
Field Day Snow Cones (Tues., 5.21.13) – Susan S.
· A budget request was presented asking for $120 to cover the cost of supplies. Motion to fund $120.00 for the field day snow cones was made: 1st Kris and 2nd Jennifer. Motion passed unanimously.
· Kristen W. will chair the event.
“End of the Year Celebration” (tentative, Tues., 6.4.13) – Jennifer H. / Ms. Polega
· No report – to be discussed by Ms. Polega and staff
PTC Board Nominations
· The By-Laws were read at the meeting.
· Nominations for the 2013-14 PTC Board will be accepted at next month’s meeting.
Lobbestael Face Book Page – Jennifer H.
· It was asked if Lobbestael has a Facebook page and/or is one allowed. Ms. Polega said the district does have a page, but the school does not. Ms. Polega said she would look into if a Lobbestael page is allowed.
School Staff Retirement announcement – Mrs. Polega
· Mrs. Fischer will retire at the end of this school year.
Old Business/Follow-Up: Restaurant Night, Box Tops, Spring Conf. Idea box, book sale, bake sale, basket raffle, roller skating, end of year celebration, PALS week, Field Day Sno-Cones
New Business: Fun Run (Jen H. & Tiffany P will co-chair the even), PTC Board Nominations
PTC Meeting (4.10.13), 6:30pm in the media room